1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Changing node icons?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Blakefire, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

So I want to change the node icons on my site from the default ones from the style I have, to a custom one. I know I can go to the style properties and add the icon there but when I do that, the icons from the theme just overlap mine any idea where the code for the node icons are?
    Capture.PNG

2. Zynektic

Zynektic Well-Known Member

To be honest, I just replaced the file for the default ones on my pixel exit style in the style folder. (checked your site and saw you were using a theme of theirs).

So the file node-sprite.png I replaced with my own node-sprite.png file in styles/theme/xenforo/images like the one attached.

I'm sure they can help do it the proper way though!

Attached Files:

3. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

Mind telling me where it is exactly? Im looking the folder but I cant seem to find it, its the flatawesome theme.

4. Zynektic

Hmm, mine is a paid theme, let me check that theme quickly. I'll also check the xenbase they use as it should more or less be the same across themes.

5. Zynektic

Does that make any difference?

@Steve F and @Russ perhaps you can help better.

Blakefire likes this.
  6. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

That did help! Thanks cant believe I missed that >.>

7. Zynektic

Was found back on page 20 on the flatawesome thread from a google search so thank them ^^

8. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

Yeah I've read it before but it didnt make sense then, took me a few reads to understand it this time no idea why. :p

9. Zynektic

Lol, good luck with the rest :D

10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

:D, we removed all of the images on that style :), if you need further support just post in the Flat Awesome Style thread

11. Zynektic

Ah fair enough, I used to use it until we got Fusion Gamer, at least it is fixed :D