Changing licenses for my forum

Rho Delta

The only XF forum I currently run is still on the license of my old business partner. He has parted ways but does not care if I use this license. My issue is that he will not be renewing support, and I still have my old license from The Pet Board now that I sold that site, is there a way to move my license over to my forum so I can keep my support package paid for yearly?

In:

http://xenforo.com/customers/

Click: Edit License details

Then just update the URL to the newest one you're running. I think I read your post right in the thinking you do have access to your own customer area via The Pet Board license.

In the Edit License Details just update the Site Title/URL

Ok I changed my URL in there, but another question I have is when XF gets it together and releases an update, will it matter that I am updating from a file downloaded from a different license that what I already have installed?

It shouldn't matter, I've changed URL's a few times with no problems. In the License Agreement it technically says:

Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date.

The Up-to-date part is the important part, nothing about limitations on changing the site details.

As long as the updates you download and install are onto the URL of the board named in that license you should be fine. So if you have updated the URL you have nothing to worry about.

It shouldn't matter, I've changed URL's a few times with no problems. In the License Agreement it technically says:

Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date.

The Up-to-date part is the important part, nothing about limitations on changing the site details.
On my buddy's license it has our URL, now 2 licenses are pointing at the same URL. We were always covered.

Top Bottom