XF 1.5 Changing Guest Pemmissions

I also see these other forums have no issues with google crawling the site so there must be a way around it?
Which are these other forums that can deny unregistered access, yet allow Google? I don't believe that is possible unless you can talk Google into registering on your forum.

Allowing google to index pages that are restricted to unregistered viewers would be extremely dangerous. Google might index you private admin discussions etc.

You can revoke the view permission on a per node basis for unregistered users.

View attachment 117105

Thanks but all the does is hide the nodes so if I was to activate that on all node the forum would look empty to any guest who visit the site. I've seen it on other forums when someone clicks on a node or section a popup tells them they need to sign up to view the section and that's what I'm looking for.

Which permission are you revoking?

This one?
upload_2015-9-17_8-30-24-png.117105

This is what I do on a members only forum node:

Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 13.17.02.webp
Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 13.15.48.webp

(EDIT) obviously some of those revokes are irelevant if they can't actually see the thread of course)

• Guests see the forum in the Forum page.
  • If they click on the forum they see the list of thread titles, they see the list and get a notice to tell they must log in to read or post in that forum
The notice needs to have user criteria: unregistered and froum criteria name of forum

If they do click on a thread, they will get the error notice, which is standard for trying to view something you don't have permissions for. You can change this phrase to whatever you want.

You can see it here:

http://cafesaxophone.com/forums/breakfastroom.6/

Last edited:
This is what I do on a members only forum node:

View attachment 117115 View attachment 117116

• Guests see the forum in the Forum page.
  • If they click on the forum the see the list of thread titles, they see the list and get a notice to tell they must log in to read or post in that forum
The notice needs to have user criteria: unregistered and froum criteria name of forum

If they do click on a thread, they will get the error notice, which is standard for trying to view something you don't have permissions for. You can change this phrase to whatever you want.

You can see it here:

http://cafesaxophone.com/forums/breakfastroom.6/

Looks like this has worked for me.

Thanks mate

Top Bottom