XF 1.1 Changing forum user id numbers

cmeinck

I have a unique issue. I'm in the process of using Xenscripts plugin to integrate WP with XF comments. When you first install the plugin, it attempts to map users to wordpress users. I've deleted all of my Wordpress subscribers, since a good portion appear to be spammers of some sort. I have 10 or so remaining authors or WP admins left. They should all have associated forum accounts, which currently exist. Unfortunately, the plugin doesn't associate correctly, since it's made for a Wordpress install that has started from scratch.

Let's say it maps WP user #3 to the XenForo user with user id #3, is there a way to modify that number to one that is not currently being used or simply swap id#'s with the user who is supposed to have the association?

In other words, WP user #3 might equal XF user #2500, but the plugin maps it to XF user #3. Is there a safe way to modify user #2500 to user ID #3.

I've reached out the developer as well, but figured the experts here at XF might have some insight.

Thanks.

I was thinking maybe this add-on creates a lookup table that maps the XF username to the WP username. If so, you can change the user ID in that lookup table instead of changing the user ID across all of XF.

I was thinking maybe this add-on creates a lookup table that maps the XF username to the WP username. If so, you can change the user ID in that lookup table instead of changing the user ID across all of XF.

I believe it matches user ID from XF to Wordpress User ID. I've located all the XF id #'s for the authors and now I need to find out if it's say to change user ID in Wordpress. If I'm able to do that, this should be a breeze, because the plugin will map correctly. 1430 to 1430, 5773 to 5773, etc.

I haven't found anything yet online about whether changing that ID # in Wordpress tables would have any adverse affect.

So it just matches XF UID 3 to WP UID 3? I would've thought a lookup table would've been created to match them with. It would be safer to change wordpress user IDs, if not you can just post an add-on request in the XF forums to create an add-on that allows you to change a user's user ID.

Top Bottom