Not a bug Changing BBCode

Sirmadsen

Affected version
Beta 7
Changing BBCode in the style template doesn't affect the actual code.
For example changing YouTube width to 100% in the template still shows width="560" in BBCode options and is not affecting the embedded video.

The version in the BB code media site section is the master version -- you can't edit that for sites "owned" by XenForo.

Changing the width in the non-master template will work (provided you're viewing that style), but there are other changes you need to make. You can inspect the CSS to see what is applied by the bbMediaWrapper class.

I'm sorry, I don't get it. I'm running XF2 on my own site and I'm trying to get YouTube videos so have 100% width... Do I need to create a child theme then? Changing the default styles template "_media_site_embed_youtube" doesn't affect the actual embedd...

It does affect the output. You need to change CSS though as well, as we constrain the output width through that, not necessarily/just the width of the iframe.

It seems like a whole lot of template edits needs to be made just to change a simple widht setting for a bbcode that has it's own settings... Something that was very clear and easy in XF 1 and could be changed without coding skills suddenly became difficult... Or am I missing something? I really can't figure out how to have YouTube vidoes 100% width...

PS: Sorry if I'm being a pain...

Last edited:
It is just one change in XF2: in core_bbcode.less, change the .bbMediaWrapper width to 100%. This will apply to most embedded media automatically.

It is just one change in XF2: in core_bbcode.less, change the .bbMediaWrapper width to 100%. This will apply to most embedded media automatically.
Thanks, that did the trick. I still think however it's a step back from the way 1.x did things. But again, thanks.

Top Bottom