XF 2.1 Changes to XF datepicker between 2.1.2 and 2.1.3

Jake B.

We've just come across an issue in a custom add-on we did for someone quite some time ago where we used the following JavaScript to enable Pikaday's time picker functionality:

JavaScript:
window.addEventListener("load", function(event) {
   $(document).ready(function() {
      var $config = {
         showTime: true,
         i18n: {
            previousMonth : '',
            nextMonth     : '',
            weekdays      : [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6].map(function(day){ return XF.phrase('day' + day) }),
            weekdaysShort : [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6].map(function(day){ return XF.phrase('dayShort' + day) }),
            months        : [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11].map(function(month){ return XF.phrase('month' + month) }),
            midnight: 'Midnight',
            noon: 'Noon'
         },
         onSelect: function() {
            var pad = function(number) {
               if (number < 10) { return '0' + number; }
               return number;
            };
            var date = this._d,
                  day = String(date.getDate()),
                  month = String(date.getMonth() + 1),
                  year = String(date.getFullYear()),
                  hour = String(date.getHours()),
                  minute = String(date.getMinutes());

$(this._o.field).val(year + '-' + pad(month) + '-' + pad(day) + ' ' + pad(hour) + ':' + pad(minute));
         }
      };

$.each($('.datetime'), function() {
         $(this).data('pikaday').config($config);
      });
   });
});

However, when upgrading from 2.0.x to 2.1.5a this feature broke, we've tracked it down to being broken in 2.1.3 and working in 2.1.2 but I cannot quite determine what exactly changed. Dumping $(this).data('pikaday') is now returning undefined when in 2.1.2 it did not.

@Chris D is there a recommended approach to make changes to the pikaday config in a cleaner manner than this? It's got quite a few built in features that would be useful, but currently don't seem to have a clean way to enable them

Well, it's this kind of thing that happens when we make changes that we otherwise wouldn't have done without some emphatic requests insisting that we should. You may recognise it 😉 😜

We had to change the way the Pikaday object was initialised. I think actually we use its native instantiation now rather than the separate jQuery plugin.

You may want to look at using XF.extend to extend the XF.DatePicker object. There's not a great deal of flexibility here, but you'd be able to entirely overwrite the object with your custom code.

Thanks Chris, got it accomplished with the following:

JavaScript:
XF.DateInput = XF.extend(XF.DateInput, {
    __backup: {
        'init': '_init',
    },
    init: function () {
        this._init();

if (this.$target.hasClass('datetime')) {
            var config = this.picker._o;
            config.showTime = true;
            config.i18n.midnight = '12 AM';
            config.i18n.noon = '12 PM';
            this.picker.config(config);
        }
    }
});

XF.Element.register('date-input', 'XF.DateInput');

Will probably change up the internationalization to support 24 vs 12 hour as well at some point, but this works fine for my current needs :)

Top Bottom