Changes to input needed for registration page

gail

If we need to change quite a few things on the registration page, can it be done by a developer or such? It would be fairly complicated since there would be two classes of people registering. One class would be members and the other class would be family or friends of a member.

Some things we'd need to have from people who register are: (*means required)

*Real first and last name for all who register (rather than usernames)
*If you're family or a friend of a member, what is the member's name?
~Of course, this would only be required if it's family or a friend of a member registering.
*Name of the committee the member is on - this could be a fairly long name - some up to maybe 60 or more characters
~This would have to be required for a member and optional or not needed for family or friends of the member.
*Name of company they work for or retired from if a member
~This would be required for a member and optional or not required for friend or family member
*Name and/or number of a group they belong to
~Required for member, not for family or friend of a member
*Street address
*Phone number
*Email address

In other words, is it possible to have a complex registration process? Or possibly two registration processes, one for members and one for family and friends of members?

Would it require additional coding to have everything go into the data base correctly?

Thank you

Yes, it would be possible with custom development and/or custom user fields.

You're amazing. Thanks for your reply. BTW is there a time period to get a full refund if XenForo doesn't work out for us?

Oh - and just to be sure - would the developer have to do anything to change the way data is collected for the data base? I'm not a developer so excuse if I said this wrong.

And we can have two separate registration sections if we want? Like one section for members and one section for family or friends of members?

Thank you.

We do have a reasonable refund policy with each case handled on its own merits.

For any specific questions regarding that you should submit a ticket: https://xenforo.com/contact

And we can have two separate registration sections if we want? Like one section for members and one section for family or friends of members?
It's technically possible but how you would classify guests before they register to ensure they use the correct form is something you and your developer would have to discuss.

Brogan - For the changes we want to make to the registration page, would the developer have to do anything to change the way data is collected for the data base? (I'm not a developer so excuse if I asked this wrong.)

Top Bottom