changed Administrator-name not updating for previous posts?

erich37

I have had the Admin-name (username of Admin) at my Forum set as my "First Name + Last Name" previously and have posted several posts.

Now I have changed the Admin-name from "First Name + Last Name" towards "Another Name".
My issue is that the posts which I have submitted using "First Name + Last Name" are not updting the author-name towards the new Admin-name called "Another Name".

How can I change the author name of all my Admin-posts so that the new user-name will show up ?

You could do it using SQL queries if you have access to the database and are comfortable doing that.

How many posts are there?
If it's just a few it might be easier to just edit the username field in the xf_post table.

this is quite strange:
at some places the name gets updates, but at other places it does not......for example at the "Last Message"-column it still shows the old user-name, but the "Thread-Starter"-name is being updated.......

How do I get the username updated for the "Last Message"-column as well ?

sorry to say, but for the "ADMIN-username" this definitely needs to be changed.
I do understand this "design" for regular users, but I do not get it for the ADMIN-username. The Admin should be able to change his Admin-username and when doing so it should be reflected at all places at the forum-website......... come on - this is not funny

You could do it using SQL queries if you have access to the database and are comfortable doing that.

How many posts are there?
If it's just a few it might be easier to just edit the username field in the xf_post table.

How do I access this field?
username field in the xf_post table

Top Bottom