XF 2.1 What's New not working for previous posts after upgrade - only showing new threads/posts since upgrade

Bimble

We've done a test upgrade of one of our smaller sites from 1.5 to 2.1.1 and ElasticSearch is working okay (results come back when searching) but What's New isn't showing anything from before the upgrade.

XFES add-on reports ElasticSearch working (Version: 6.7.1):
  • Documents - 2,248 (975.2 KB)
  • Index updates - 2,550
  • Searches - 0
  • Allocated memory - 62.6 KB
Done multiple rebuilds, including deleting the index. Worked perfectly fine on 1.5 but now seemingly broken. No new posts/threads. No new media. But strangely, shows profile posts?! :confused:

Any ideas?

Last edited:
  • Reconfigured the add-on with a new index name - same result.
  • Removed and reinstalled (with new index again) - same result.
  • Sidebar widget also not showing past posts - only showing the single new thread posted after the upgrade.
  • Restarted memcached.
  • Restarted Apache.
  • Switched to PHP-FPM (and back).

Last edited:
I've just had a peek at the site I think this thread pertains to (the walking one, right?)

The content on that site is fairly old. By which I mean, likely older than the readMarkingDataLifetime option which defaults to 30 days. Anything older than that lifetime value is not considered new.

Thanks Chris. Hadn't noticed that (couldn't see the wood for the trees). Hmmm ... that's interesting. We exported the DB from the original site and the newer posts are there in the .sql file, but the latter posts are not in the new database. Wondering if the import stopped/failed and I just didn't notice before upgrading. Odd.

I've got a backup of the site. I'll restore it and see if the later posts are there. If not, I'll re-import the DB before re-running the upgrade.

Good to know it's working as expected. :)

Just restored the DB and the newer posts are missing. Must have fluffed-up the original copying. Will re-import and re-run the upgrade. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom