1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change title page of board home page only?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by cmeinck, Jul 29, 2014.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Well-Known Member

I'd like to change the page title that appears on my forum homepage only. This will allow me to properly describe the forum in a few words, but not have that appear on all of the individual threads. I find that results in entirely too long page titles.

It appears this happens in the Page Container, but not sure what edits I would need or if this is correct.

Thanks!

2. zagorskey

zagorskey Active Member

Edit the forum_list template and inside <xen:h1></xen:h1> put what you desire.

3. cmeinck

Thanks. I tried that and nothing happened? No changes to the page title.

4. zagorskey

zagorskey Active Member

I thought you meant this title.
    title.png

5. cmeinck

No, sorry. I'm talking about the page title that Google utilizes in search engine results. I want my Board Title (used on every page) to be my site name. I would like the forum homepage to be more descriptive. XYZ Forums at Site name.

6. zagorskey

zagorskey Active Member

I see. You can then manually edit the <title> tag inside PAGE_CONTAINER template but that may require some other template modifications as well.