1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Change the phrase on "More Options" button into font awesome icon

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by tonnyz, Dec 21, 2014.

1. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

I'm changing the phrase on "More Options" button (inside quick reply) into font awesome icon

I tried by changing this one (inside quick_reply template) :

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$showMoreOptions}"><input type="submit" class="button DisableOnSubmit" value="{xen:phrase more_options}..." name="more_options" /></xen:if>
    into this one :

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$showMoreOptions}"><button type="submit" class="button DisableOnSubmit" value="{xen:phrase more_options}..." name="more_options"><i class="fa fa-ellipsis-h fa-lg"></i></button></xen:if>
    It successfully changed the phrase to icon, BUT did also make the "more options" button act as a "post reply" button. I mean, instead of sending us to a full "Reply to thread" / "Reply to conversation" page, it would post my draft directly to the thread / conversation.

Any help for this, please ? Thanks :)

2. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

why change the <input to <button ?

3. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

For inserting the fontawesome icon into the button. It's successfully inserted, but it affects the function of the button. Any other idea ?

4. batpool52!

You can add the icon without changing the tag itself.

5. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

I tried it but was failed . How should I do it ?

this is the code
    v
    v
    v
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$showMoreOptions}"><input type="submit" class="button DisableOnSubmit" value="{xen:phrase more_options}..." name="more_options" /></xen:if>
    Help please :)

6. batpool52!

here, I don't use font-awesome so I'm not sure how it will look but should do the job.
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$showMoreOptions}"><input type="submit" class="button DisableOnSubmit" value="&#xf141;" name="more_options" /></xen:if>

tonnyz likes this.
  7. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

edit: it works ! many thanks batpool :LOL:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014