XF 1.3 Change the phrase on "More Options" button into font awesome icon

tonnyz

I'm changing the phrase on "More Options" button (inside quick reply) into font awesome icon

I tried by changing this one (inside quick_reply template) :

Code:
<xen:if is="{$showMoreOptions}"><input type="submit" class="button DisableOnSubmit" value="{xen:phrase more_options}..." name="more_options" /></xen:if>

into this one :

Code:
<xen:if is="{$showMoreOptions}"><button type="submit" class="button DisableOnSubmit" value="{xen:phrase more_options}..." name="more_options"><i class="fa fa-ellipsis-h fa-lg"></i></button></xen:if>

It successfully changed the phrase to icon, BUT did also make the "more options" button act as a "post reply" button. I mean, instead of sending us to a full "Reply to thread" / "Reply to conversation" page, it would post my draft directly to the thread / conversation.

Any help for this, please ? Thanks :)

You can add the icon without changing the tag itself.
I tried it but was failed . How should I do it ?

this is the code
v
v
v
Code:
<xen:if is="{$showMoreOptions}"><input type="submit" class="button DisableOnSubmit" value="{xen:phrase more_options}..." name="more_options" /></xen:if>

Help please :)

here, I don't use font-awesome so I'm not sure how it will look but should do the job.
Code:
<xen:if is="{$showMoreOptions}"><input type="submit" class="button DisableOnSubmit" value="&#xf141;" name="more_options" /></xen:if>

Top Bottom