XF 2.0 Change the node icons

OldCoals

Back in version 1.x there was an addon to change the read/unread node icons.

Is there similar for version 2 or is there an inbuilt feature?

My code did not work right until I added the link to stylesheet in page_container. So I'm guessing the code is not right.

Maybe it's that the unicodes are different. But I thought XF is using 4.7 so it would be the same.

I figured it out. Some of the unicodes are the same and some have changed. That was confusing me. Thanks for the links @Russ.

This code works well for me now without any added link to FA in my page_container template.

Is there a better way to write the code than to have 40 of these - one for each node?

.node--id60.node--unread .node-icon i::before {
font-size: 34px;
content: "\f35b";
padding: 4px;
color: #4f80b4;
}
.node--id60.node--read .node-icon i::before {
font-size: 34px;
content: "\f35b";
padding: 4px;
}

You should be able to get rid of the color line at least by setting the color at:

Appearance > Styles > Style properties > Node/forum list

Is there a better way to write the code than to have 40 of these - one for each node?
In 2.0 I'm using multiple lines and a separate read/unread like you have here. In my test 2.1 install though, it seems that the node icons can be set with a single line (per forum ID).

Last edited:
You should be able to get rid of the color line at least by setting the color at:

Appearance > Styles > Style properties > Node/forum list
Thanks!

In 2.0 I'm using multiple lines and a separate read/unread like you have here. In my test 2.1 install though, it seems that the node icons can be set with a single line (per forum ID).
What would be the single line for 2.1?

Just as a reminder, you can do this by using css of course, but I think it is more conveniant to have an addon to do that for you.

This one works great.

But this one was released some days ago, which offers up to 30k icons, not just FA icons.

Hello,

how i can edit "far fa comment" to "fas fa comment" :)
i want the solid style for this icons.

Many thanks!

edit ah, Style-Properties, Font Awesome weight, solid. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom