Not planned Change the hardening extension

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We don't include any PHP hardening libraries, least of all suhosin which has been known to be a little over-zealous with XenForo in some configurations.

There's nothing for us to change here.

Really if anything we would probably just remove the suhosin check at some point if fewer people were using it and a compatible drop-in replacement doesn't come to surface.

We specifically check for suhosin because if it is enabled it has been known to cause problems so from a support perspective it is useful for us to see if it is enabled or not.

There are probably other extensions we could check for but clearly it's not practical to check for everything. It's just not a big deal and we'll change the server environment report driven by what we need (it's primarily a support tool more than anything else).

We specifically check for suhosin because if it is enabled it has been known to cause problems so from a support perspective it is useful for us to see if it is enabled or not.
In that case you should update the check to check for snuffle as well, because snuffle also causes issues with XF. And I suggest to turn that line yellow if it's detected.

We will make that change if we ascertain that the presence of snuffle becomes a significant issue via our support encounters.

In this case why didn't you add a "not useful for your version" notice? Or a green color of the modules useful for Xenforo and a red color not useful as for sushosin (I broke my head to load it).
It's confusing access the "no" for us, they had to be installed and put it on yes, while it creates bugs.

Top Bottom