Change the domain name, what will happen?

Enguerran A

Hello everyone,

Due to some issues with my crew members, I plan to change the domain name of my website. I'm not worried about the fact that changing the domain name will result in a loss in term of visits and users because the website is dead right now (we lost over the past 2 years more than 80% of the traffic) so that is not the point of my questions here :D

First thing I wanna know is what do I need to do with XenForo.com? Do I need to change something?

Also, the current domain contain a '-' (my-domain.fr). I've read that it wasn't the best thing ever regarding the SEO. I plan to use this one instead : "lëgend.fr". Will the ' ë ' be an issue? I've check online and the only articles I was able to find were too old (2012) to be relevant in my opinion so I can't get a clear idea.

"lëgend.fr". Will the ' ë ' be an issue?

..just a thought as a simple UK based Web/Forum user. I would have no idea how to quickly type in that type of e. I just looked and my UK iPhone 6 does not seem to show that character either. So, even with the address, that suggests to me that most people in the World will never visit a Web site with hard to enter characters in its name. I guess I could do it with an ASCII code but I never have done that to access a Web site.

So my suggestion is to use a very simple easy to type in domain name, both for the Web site and your email address.

The shortest easiest domain names, like LL.COM domains now tend to sell for many millions of pounds/dollars/euros because of how easy they are to remember and type/spell and so on. I suspect people seeing a domain like the one you mention might simply type in or send email to legend.fr - and I presume that might go to a competitors Web site.

I hope the thoughts help. I guess maybe things are a little different in France with French keyboard settings.

Steve

Top Bottom