XF 2.2 Change sitemap max URLs?

dethfire

I may be running into performance issues and sitemap indexation issues stemming from maxing out sitemap files. Is there a way to reduce the number of threads per sitemap to 20k down from 50k?

You can edit src/XF/Sitemap/Builder.php and adjust the MAX_FILE_ENTRIES value to test if it helps anything, but I would note that the performance issues stem from your browser trying to parse the file. If you fetch it with another tool (ie. curl -#O https://yoursite.com/sitemap.xml), the file itself is downloaded almost instantly.

I can confirm that Google won’t accept more than 9 sitemaps and no more than 50,000 URLs in each. I had 14 submitted by Xenforo, with 50,000 URLs each. I changed the max url limit from 50,000 to 100k in builder.php and successfully got the number of sitemaps created much lower. However, today Google is saying that the sitemaps contain too many URLs, or over the 50,000 limit. Any suggestions on how to get larger forums indexed? I have over 386k URLs that aren’t indexed, that should be…

Attachments

• IMG_1409.webp
    IMG_1409.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom