• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 Change SEO Page Title of Main Forum Index

Hi guys -

My forums homepage resides at http://example.com/forum/. The only issue I have with this setup is that the page titles are the same - "My Site" on my homepage and "My Site" on my forums index.

How can I modify "My Site" on my forums index page to be "CUSTOM TITLE"? I want to do this via a template or phrase change - not by changing the name of my site within the XenForo settings.

I find many solutions of this, but all are for version 1.5.x or older, and their is little bit of changes in template coding in version 2.0. I am not a coding genius, so please help me with this. May be their are also help topics for 2.0, but unfortunately I didn't find any.

Here is my title code in PAGE_CONTAINER template

<title><xf:title formatter="%s" fallback="{$xf.options.boardTitle}" page="{$pageNumber}" /></title>

XenForo developer
Staff member
You'd do this by putting this in the forum_list template:
<xf:title>CUSTOM TITLE</xf:title>
I have done these changes in forum_list template and its not working. Still the default forum list title is showing. To check, I have also added custom text in
<xf:h1>CUSTOM TXT</xf:h1>
and it is working fine, but not working for
Last edited:
Now I have solved the problem.
I forgot to change the 'forums' to 'forum' in

<xf:if is="{$xf.options.forumsDefaultPage} != 'forums'">
Because my default forum root page navigation title is 'forum'