Lack of interest Change prefix on Q&A forum if answered

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

frm

If there is a prefix required on a Q&A forum post (such as "Question") and it is marked as the best solution, the prefix should be modified to "Answered" as well.

If mixed content, somehow determine if Q or A and if A is selected swap Q to A prefix when it's marked.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Your best bet is to use prefixes for the subject matter. A "Question" prefix seems redundant, but there is the green checkmark for solved. You could move that left with CSS.

Your best bet is to use prefixes for the subject matter. A "Question" prefix seems redundant, but there is the green checkmark for solved. You could move that left with CSS.
If one is looking for all "answered" questions, it's harder to find without a prefix.

Create a prefix with your question, i.e. "Question", and when it's resolved, automatically mark the prefix as "Answered". This is the best approach, in my opinion. An extension of this (by a developer) could be a 3rd option where if no reply is made in X days, it can be prefixed to "Awaiting Answer"/"Unanswered"/etc. to give members an opportunity to address them as a prefix will stand out better.

While that does show that it's answered, it doesn't do a very good job at organizing answered, unanswered or awaiting answers without an automated prefix set to change "Q" to "A" when selected and "Q" to "Awaiting Answer" after X days. Prefixes can be easier to browse for solutions over the smaller checkmark (but thank you for pointing that out so I can see how it works).

This is how I believe it should be (main forum):
1602348646767.webp

Unanswered tab:
1602348679974.webp

As of now, it's up to moderators to find answered/unanswered questions to mark them as such so they're easier to identify in even "What's New".

Just my opinion.

The bar at the top in your screenshot has Unanswered and Unsolved.
Yes, it does. But does "What's New" which shows prefixes that can be searched. I believe even "search forums" can include answered posts if you select that prefix too, but I haven't played with them that much...

Top Bottom