1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Navigation Tab existing text

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Neil E., Jun 24, 2012.

1. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

In this screen capture you can see where my name in the tab has been truncated. This is the text I want to change to say: "Profile" instead of the actual username. This would be fixed text instead of a random length username (the username shows up in enough places already).

Also, at the lower left part of the screen, how do I turn OFF the URL that pops up?

Attached Files:

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> navigation_visitor_tab

Replace the red code:

Code:
    	<!-- account -->
    	<li class="navTab account Popup PopupControl PopupClosed {xen:if $tabs.account.selected, 'selected'}">

<a href="{xen:link account}" class="navLink accountPopup" rel="Menu"><strong>{$visitor.username}</strong></a>

<div class="Menu JsOnly" id="AccountMenu">
    			<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
    				<xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="m" class="NoOverlay plainImage" title="{xen:phrase view_your_profile}" />

<h3><a href="{xen:link members, $visitor}" class="concealed" title="{xen:phrase view_your_profile}">{$visitor.username}</a></h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true"><div class="muted"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper usertitle, $visitor}</xen:contentcheck></div></xen:if>

<ul class="links">
    					<li class="fl"><a href="{xen:link members, $visitor}">{xen:phrase your_profile_page}</a></li>
    				</ul>
    			</div>

Like so:

Code:
    	<!-- account -->
    	<li class="navTab account Popup PopupControl PopupClosed {xen:if $tabs.account.selected, 'selected'}">

<a href="{xen:link account}" class="navLink accountPopup" rel="Menu"><strong>Profile</strong></a>

<div class="Menu JsOnly" id="AccountMenu">
    			<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
    				<xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="m" class="NoOverlay plainImage" title="{xen:phrase view_your_profile}" />

<h3><a href="{xen:link members, $visitor}" class="concealed" title="{xen:phrase view_your_profile}">{$visitor.username}</a></h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true"><div class="muted"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper usertitle, $visitor}</xen:contentcheck></div></xen:if>

<ul class="links">
    					<li class="fl"><a href="{xen:link members, $visitor}">{xen:phrase your_profile_page}</a></li>
    				</ul>
    			</div>

You can't. That's part of the browser.

3. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

Thank you sir! Worked a treat.

p.s. Remove the "probably" from your avatar text ......

I tried to make my avatar fit the boundary and gave up.