XF 1.4 Change language

Betclever

Hello all,

I have 2 languages "French" and I have translated some content on the second one which is parented with the first "French".

Is it possible to delete the first one and set the second one as default without loosing anything?

If I delete the first one after setting the second one as primary, can I restore it if any error?

Thanks.

Merging is maybe the best solution cause I want to keep the language french and merge all expressions to avoid to loose anything.
I assume you have the customized version as the child for specific reasons. Notably upgrading the base language without losing your customizations. You lose that if you merge them.

That said, there isn't an explicit system to merge them. You'd likely have to redo the customizations in the parent language.

What shall I do with the xml file then and shall I import the second one to the first one or the first one to the second one?
Export the languages so you have a backup. Change the default language to the child language. Delete the base language. Reimport the just-exported base language. Change the child language to have its parent be the base language. After that, you should be done.

People who use the language 4 who fall automatically on the default one or shall I do something more?
They will change automatically.

Top Bottom