1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Change language with domain

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Tealk, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Tealk

Tealk Active Member

Hi xenForo community,

i have a .de and a .com domain, is it possible to set up that, if a user use the .com he get the english language and a user use the .de he get the german language?

Thanks for your help

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would require custom development. (And arguably, 2 licenses.)

3. Tealk

Tealk Active Member

why 2 licenses? i use 1 board only 2 languages, it is possible to switch the language...

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The license is only attached to a single URL (per the license agreement), though if you are displaying 100% identical content on another URL, we generally allow that.

What you're mentioning is getting into a grey area as the content/appearance may start changing between the URLs.

5. Tealk

Tealk Active Member

because my default page is in germen so i wanted the non-german speaking users give the opportunity to understand the homepage, ok then they must find the language button and klick on englisch^^

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could use a Notice explaining in both German and English how to change the language.

I'm curious though, if there are non-German/English speakers using the forum, how do they manage to converse in threads?
    Or do they just stick to threads in their own language?

7. Tealk

Tealk Active Member

i start the projekt as german speaking only but it grows up and now i must have a look how i manage it

8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

xfrocks likes this.
  9. Tealk

Tealk Active Member

thank you i take a look