Change hosting

Only?
I thought more about how to do it later. If I should download all the files I have on that hosting now and upload everything on the new hosting and if I need to make changes to the htc file?

src/config.php file to point to the new database, database user and its password.

Make sure the new host passes all of xenForo's requirements and you may want to close the old forum so members no longer post to the old server before DNS propagation completes.

Thanks for good answers.

Is there anything special about Xenforo? Considering what you say the new host meets the requirements for Xenforo?

One thing not mentioned that might be rather obvious, make sure to put your site into maintenance mode during the migration :)

I'm reading here and seeing if I could handle it myself or not. But if I don't manage to do it, is it possible to get someone knowledgeable here who can take care of that part for payment?

I will change hosting but before that I want to know what I need to do?
I've changed hosting so many times... If it's the plesk panel you're using now, my advice is to install plesk on the new server. first, get a solid backup that works. After that, place the backup on your new server and see if it works. Then point your new server to your domain dns record.

It is very easy to make a solid database backup with xenforo file backup. If there is no article on this topic, I should write it as soon as possible.

Point 6 of the FAQ covers it.

If you have moved all the data to the new server, do domain forwarding if it works. Check from intodns if the domain forwarding is healthy. There are also web pages that are redirecting errors, if you do not make a solid redirect, you will be banned from google.

Top Bottom