Lack of interest Change Confirmation Dropdown Time Limit to Option Variable

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Snog

I've had many people say they never saw the confirmation message that drops down when actions are performed on the site. I believe it's permanently set to somewhere around 1/2 second.

So, I'd like to suggest putting the time the dropdown notice is shown into a variable somewhere in the site options. Or at the very least increase the time that the messages are shown.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Voted. I really would like to have control here.
sometimes it take less than a second and that time is not enough to read the info.

OK, this is what I can find to do with the timed message...

Code:
{
           $overlayHtml = $(''
             + '<div class="xenOverlay timedMessage">'
             +   '<div class="content baseHtml">'
             +     message
             +     '<span class="close"></span>'
             +   '</div>'
             + '</div>');

XenForo._OverlayCache[key] = $overlayHtml.appendTo('body').overlay({
             top: 0,
             effect: 'slideDownContentFade',
             speed: XenForo.speed.normal,
             oneInstance: false,
             onBeforeClose: (onClose ? onClose : null)
           }).data('overlay');
         }

Changing the xenforo speed from "normal" to "slow" doesn't do anything, so I tried changing it to a numeric value of 5000, which works, kind of, it fades in and out a bit weird, the div drops down, but the content takes a 5sec fade in, then a 5sec fade out and removing the "effect" is even worse, the div and content take a 5sec fade in, then the whole thing just vanishes in a blink of an eye lmao

I'm not great with js, but if I figure it out, I'll let you know :)

Top Bottom