Lack of interest Change comma to a hyphen

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Luxus

Basically, what I suggest is this:

Old:
comma.webp

New:
comma2.webp

So why on earth do I want this silly suggestion you ask? Well, the answer is simple, to make up for grammar rules of non-english languages, in my case, the german language. You see, the phrase "X minutes ago" is used elsewhere in XenForo where the first letter must be upper-case. "5 minutes ago" is "Vor 5 Minuten" in german. But according to the grammar rules, you can't start an upper-case letter after a comma. So the solution to this is to use a hyphen to separate content because upper-case letters after a hyphen is allowed.

Currently, with my language pack this looks this:

comma3.webp

German people would shake their heads in agony if they see this. Sadly the comma is hardcoded, so I can't simly change it in a phrase.

In the postbit the name of a user is currently seperated with a comma as well, so I would appreciate it if you address the postbit, too.

There are two possible solutions to this:

1) Update the templates in the next XenForo release (replace the mentioned comma with a "space+Hyphen"

2) Make phrases for commas

I hope you consider this suggestion, that's all :)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom