1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Change cache server host in FrontEnd cache

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by quydo, Nov 11, 2014.

1. quydo

quydo Member

Hi all

I read help about cache in Xenforo here: https://xenforo.com/help/cache/

In frontend, I want to change server cache to another server (not localhost - default - I think that). But I don't see option (host, servers, etc...) to do that

Here is current configuration:
    $config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
    $config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
    $config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array (
    'caching' => true ,
    'automatic_serialization' => true ,
    'Lifetime' => 1800,
    'cache_id_prefix' => 'xf_'
    );

$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Libmemcached';

So can you help me :(

2. quydo

quydo Member

Everyone could help me :(

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Please be patient. Not everyone is in the same timezone as you. In the UK, where the dev team are based, it was the middle of the night when you posted and only 7.30am now.

quydo and Amaury like this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Well, 7:35 AM. :p

But yes, @quydo, you should wait at least 24 hours before bumping a support thread. Your post was at 7:16 PM and you bumped it at 11:05 PM -- nowhere close to 24 hours later.

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It's called rounding to the nearest half hour. At times like this absolute precision isn't required. You need to better control your pedantic nature. :p

Amaury likes this.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The type of thing you want to change is a backend cache option. The options available are specific to the backend system you're using (Libmemcached based on the code you entered), so you'll need to see exactly what options are available via the ZF docs.