1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Change background colour of notices

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Mr Lucky, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I have changed the background colour in Style properties: Notices (panel) but it is not actually changing the background. Is there somewhere else I do this?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It works for me.
    Try it on a default style.

If it's not working on your custom style, you may need to contact the designer for support.

3. Mr Lucky

Found the problem, it only works after you click reset before clicking Update Style Properties. Then after that clicking on Update Style Pproperties works without having to click on reset first. Seems a bit odd but I've got it working.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You shouldn't have to reset the SP first.

Any changes should be able to be applied regardless of the current setting.

5. Mr Lucky

That's what I thought, but it did not take until I did a reset. I presume it is a bug then as after having done the reset once, it behaves as expected from then onwards.

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Likely not a bug, as it works for me as well.

Is it a custom style?

7. Mr Lucky

Yes. I can reproduce the issue by reimporting the style. It doesn't work, then after a reset of that style it starts to work as it should.

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you reproduce it on the default XenForo style?

9. Mr Lucky

No. But obviously my style started as default.

10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Then you've made some change along the way that's causing issues.

11. Mr Lucky

Yes. I wonder what I could have done. Whatever it is must be some kind of bug at some stage that has somehow stuck.

I tried reverting all customised components, but the issue is still there so I presume it is something in Style Properties causing it.