certforums.com migrated to XenForo and loving it.

SimonV

My site www.certforums.com just migrated to XenForo from vBulletin 4.2.2 on the 27th December, its great to be part of XenForo in time for the new year.

After being a vBulletin customer for over 8 years enough was enough, vBulletin 5 is just a complete shambles and with the release of XenForo 1.4 I finally had the confidence to migrate. I still have some static article content to go live with but most of it needs updating first. So far I'm extremely pleased with how things have turned out and after one month of planning, testing and creating a new custom design we are finally here.

Huge kudos to the team at XenForo for creating a great product and I hope to be with you for the next 8+ years.

Your comment / suggestions are very welcome. www.certforums.com

That theme looks better than any of the XF themes I've ever seen, including the official one.

Not any worthless gimmicky bells and whistles, clean and crisp, wonderful colors, nice on the eyes, a very pleasant browsing and reading experience.

Absolutely fantastic.

Many thanks for the kind words, it never crossed my mind to potentially sell the theme but maybe I should. I doubt the way I've created it was done in the most efficient of ways.

Are there any resources on best practices for creating and selling themes or would it be more advisable to just do some reverse engineering of another theme and figure things out that way?

One suggestion I'd like to give change the :active of the calltoaction button of 'Sign up now!', remove the box-shadow and add something like the button is 'pressed' when it's clicked ;)

One suggestion I'd like to give change the :active of the calltoaction button of 'Sign up now!', remove the box-shadow and add something like the button is 'pressed' when it's clicked ;)

I'll look at that suggestion, thanks @Mr. Goodie2Shoes, Im also running your goodfornothing notification adon which looks great with our design, so thanks for creating it. :)

Thanks Carlos, after the comments here I've seriously been thinking about releasing it. Once everything has settled down in the new year I'm going to look into it.

Happy New year to the XenForo community, it's great to finally be a part of it.

Thanks Carlos, after the comments here I've seriously been thinking about releasing it. Once everything has settled down in the new year I'm going to look into it.

Happy New year to the XenForo community, it's great to finally be a part of it.
Let me know when you release it and i'll buy it.

I sure will, it wont be until into the new year as I have a stack of tasks still to complete post migration but now I know there would be some interest I will be looking into it. :)

I sure will, it wont be until into the new year as I have a stack of tasks still to complete post migration but now I know there would be some interest I will be looking into it. :)
Are you still planning on releasing the CertForums design as a style here?

It's still so da*n beautiful...

Are you still planning on releasing the CertForums design as a style here?

It's still so da*n beautiful...

I got 70% complete but then installed media gallery and resource manager and uncovered a stack more work that needs to be done before I even think about releasing it, plus Im stacked with work at the moment so will just have to wait. :(

Could you let us know how you got the social sharing icons in your header? They look great.

I coded it myself, take a look at the source code and CSS to see how I did it.

I used fontawesome for the icons and Font Awesome Animation for the animation.

Top Bottom