1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Censor words database location

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Hackfall, May 8, 2012.

1. Hackfall

Hackfall Member

Can you please tell me in which DB table the censor words are stored. I have a list and I'd like to put the whole lot in with an SQL statement rather than entering each one, one at a time.

Thanks

2. Hackfall

Hackfall Member

Apologies for my speeeeelling in the title of this thread. Once I spotted it it was too late to change!

3. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Fixed the typo. The censor word list is stored under options in the xf_data_registry. The data is stored as a blob.

4. Hackfall

Hackfall Member

I love this community!

Many thanks Lawrence.

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Specifically, it's the xf_data_registry table with data_key = options. That caches all of the options including the censored words. The source data is in the xf_option table with option_id = censorWords.

6. Hackfall

Hackfall Member

Unfortunately I don't know enough SQL to cast the blob into text so I can add my profanity list and insert it back in in blob format. I guess it would be quicker to add the words one at a time. It might make me a bit more discriminating in my choice of swear and slur words.

Must remember to add lamo!

I'm a Mac boy too!

7. DFI

DFI Active Member

Is there any simpler way to upload list of Bad words for censoring them ??

Experts , pls guide o_O

8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member