• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[CCPLZ] Hide Links From Guests

Hello everyone,
I'm rather new to xenforo and modding, and recently had to develop an add-on to hide links from guests.
After browsing the forum for a bit I saw there was one already, but it used regex and would bug the thread if you had quotes that linked to the original post or spoilers.
So I took the time to develop one that would simply replace tags if the user wasn't logged in. And now I'm sharing back to the community, enjoy :3 To install:
  • Upload the CCPLZHideLinks/ directory to library/
  • Install the addon-CCPLZHideLinks.xml add-on
If you want to edit the message, edit the phrase hide_link_from_guest_message.

EDIT: won't let me upload tar.gz files, attached a .zip instead
EDIT: again, attaching a zip doesn't seem to work, perhaps a browser problem? here's a link instead
http://localhostr.com/file/dipn4xZ/CCPLZHideLinks.tar.gz

Hi Jonyleeson, and welcome. There was a template modification (which I use) and an add-on already but features missing that I would like to see:

- Ability to hide links until user has confirmed the account
- Ability to hide links only within code, quote or html bb code
- Ability to define some links free by greenlisting domains

Hope that somebody would do these things. I think that would make the hide function much better.

Thank you for this addon, Jonyleeson. :)

Is there some way we could perhaps make this to work in specific forums instead of globally?

After testing it on my test site, I installed it on the live site. However, there appears to be a conflict of this addon with the ParseHTML addon by Darkimmortal, since it does not hide the links any more.

Do you think you could kindly look into this? :)

Will this mod hide menu links? Or just links in threads/posts? It would be nice to have this integrated in with one of the menu add-ons so we can build custom menus for guests and members separately. Things such as "join now", etc. aren't relevant to registered members, but would be nice to have for browsers and guests to encourage them to join, etc.

a bug:
XenCarta (Lite Wiki)
Please see the picture:
adszmf.png

I would like to disable the Wiki to hide. So visitors not hide here. Visible Links. Is this possible?
Thanks..

The above picture bbcod page.
Edit>> html dial>> Save>> edit>> bbcod dial>> Save ==> links started to appear (y)
note: also see the links visitors

Hello everyone,
I'm rather new to xenforo and modding, and recently had to develop an add-on to hide links from guests.
After browsing the forum for a bit I saw there was one already, but it used regex and would bug the thread if you had quotes that linked to the original post or spoilers.
So I took the time to develop one that would simply replace tags if the user wasn't logged in. And now I'm sharing back to the community, enjoy :3 To install:
  • Upload the CCPLZHideLinks/ directory to library/
  • Install the addon-CCPLZHideLinks.xml add-on
If you want to edit the message, edit the phrase hide_link_from_guest_message.

EDIT: won't let me upload tar.gz files, attached a .zip instead
EDIT: again, attaching a zip doesn't seem to work, perhaps a browser problem? here's a link instead
http://localhostr.com/file/dipn4xZ/CCPLZHideLinks.tar.gz

Thank you brother,

XenForo 1.1.1 version is working :)

Top Bottom