XF 2.0 Category in a category is error?

Cannabis Ape

Maybe this is not possible but I have a category and in that category I want several different categories but when I place a category into another category and I click it on the forum where it does show it brings me to the oops page.

I can't get it to work but then I see on this forum it must be possible some way because this seems to be showing what I am trying to achieve.

https://xenforo.com/community/categories/resolved-bug-reports.102/

Last edited:
This is the setup. The back-end and the front-end.

If I direct click the subforum it will take me there, however when I click the "test category"it will me bring me to the error page.

Attachments

• testcat.webp
    testcat.webp
    4 KB · Views: 14
  • testcat2.webp
    testcat2.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 14
I've just visited your site. Have you added a route filter to change "forums" to "categories"? If so, that's the cause. You've essentially overwritten the "categories" route.

I've just visited your site. Have you added a route filter to change "forums" to "categories"? If so, that's the cause. You've essentially overwritten the "categories" route.
That is correct because otherwise the route would be /forum/forums which contributes nothing to SEO.

So what you are saying is it's because the identical name?

Yeah, you'd need to choose something other than "categories" and make sure it doesn't overlap with any existing URLs in XF otherwise you'll have problems.

To solve the "forum/forums" issue, you might want to consider having your forum in a different folder, like we do here. We use "community" so that our URLs are "community/forums".

Yeah, you'd need to choose something other than "categories" and make sure it doesn't overlap with any existing URLs in XF otherwise you'll have problems.

To solve the "forum/forums" issue, you might want to consider having your forum in a different folder, like we do here. We use "community" so that our URLs are "community/forums".
That's what I had originally but my SEO guy didn't like that.

That's why I said as long as it's not categories. Obviously he'll have to go with another choice. Not sure why "categories" would be so much better anyway, seems like it would be about as generic and used almost as often as "forums". But heh, I'm no expert on the matter. :unsure:

Top Bottom