• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Not a bug Categories heading is missing from the Media navigation

Affected version
Version 2 beta 4

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The heading is "navigation", which covers categories and the other options that are provided. So this is intentional/expected. I don't think it's an odd pattern either -- this is roughly what you'll see in various other sites when they have sub-sections. Context should normally make it clear enough.

Mr Lucky

The heading is "navigation", which covers categories and the other options that are provided. So this is intentional/expected. I don't think it's an odd pattern either -- this is roughly what you'll see in various other sites when they have sub-sections. Context should normally make it clear enough.
Thanks, but this makes no sense as it is there on xenforo 1 Media gallery, it helps people to know those are categories.

If it is expected not to be there, then does that mean on xenforo 1 it is"unexpected" and will be removed. I certainly expect the categories heading to be there. Is it going to be removed from Resources as well?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You're free to change it back on your install if you prefer, but as the block encompasses more than categories, a more generic term is reasonable. Equally, in many cases, I don't think any header should even be required (and this is more of what I was referring to with other sites).

It may change in resources to be the same, though the RM doesn't have other links in that area.