MG 1.1 Categories and Albums

FredC

Is it possible to make categories Video Only while making Member albums Img files only?

Reason i ask is because i imported my video media from one of Jaxels media plugins and at the same time i imported My images from XenGallery..

XenMedio was strictly video embeds inside of categories The import of course retained this structure (thumbs up)

My XenGallery was strictly for member albums and Video embedding from this plugin was restricted via permissions. My instance of this gallery had no categories and instead was populated by members who were allowed to create their own photo albums..

Since the import ive not been able to prevent members from posting photos inside of the video categories.. Could someone advise me on how i might fix this? i bet its a permission but XFMG is extensive and being new to it im having a hard time finding everything..

Hope that made sense..

Thanks in advance..

You can modify the types of media allowed in each category by editing the category in the Admin CP.

Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Categories

upload_2015-8-10_20-56-0.webp

You will have to do it for each and every category (sorry if you have a lot of them!)

You can also prevent certain media types from being added to albums generally:

upload_2015-8-10_21-0-14.webp

Hi Chris,

I just installed this and imported files from XenMedio and configured my categories however, following the above I set it so no media can be uploaded into the main category only the two child ones inside of it.

This works great, however clicking the main category one will always show blank until they click a child (unless I am overlooking a setting) is there a way so it goes into a certain child category when clicked or to show all media in the child categories in this section?

Thanks

Top Bottom