Lack of interest Cascading Username Styles

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

-Ice-

I think it'd be useful on some boards to have a button when editing a usergroup to allow that user groups style to cascade onto other user groups that member is a a part of by the display styling priority.

Let's say a user is in 3 user groups: Admins, Premium, and a "top poster" group.

The admin style could be something like this (display styling priority 10000):
Code:
color:red;
font-weight:bold;

The premium (display styling priority 500):
Code:
color:silver;
font-style:italic;

The "top poster" (display styling priority 10):
Code:
background: url(/img/gold_star.png) no-repeat;
background-position:left center;
padding-left: 16px;
text-align:right;

If all three were checked to be able to cascade, the user would get the following CSS for their name:
Code:
font-style:italic;

If only the admin and top posting group were checked, it would skip the middle one and result in this:
Code:

Just throwing an idea out there. It probably isn't going to be especially useful on a lot of boards, but providing it doesn't add a lot of extra load time I think it would be a worthwhile addition.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would be fantastic. I was pretty shocked at how "one and done" usergroup styling is in XF. Even VB3 had cascading styles for many usergroup options.

Top Bottom