1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

caraholics.eu

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by borbole, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some constructive suggestions, feedback and constructive regarding my new forum.

http://caraholics.eu

It is a forum about cars and I am using the Core custom style by @Russ.

Looking forward to the feedback. Thank you in for reading this thread and for your replies. :)

Kelvin, Russ and wickedstangs like this.
  2. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

It's pleasant enough to look at but desperately in need of some niche-specific visuals IMO. A logo, the node icons etc. could all do with some customisation. Also, the default no-avatar user logos (the male/female icons) could be changed to something niche-specific. The node title backgrounds (the dark bar) is also a good place to put some subtle niche-specifc faded backgrounds in.

To be honest, it all ends up looking a bit bland as a result, you need an edge in this niche because it's quite crowded. I would also like to see the default Cookies notice expanded to include a sentence or two actually telling visitors in a nutshell what your site is about (it also seems set to show permanently, so I can't dismiss it, which would be handy, I only need to read it once).

Apart from the visuals, it's quick and easy to use, so a good start, and you can always add to the visuals as you go along.

borbole likes this.
  3. borbole

Thank you for your suggestion @Ingenious. :) I am aware as well about the images. I am working on it. Regarding the notices, it is set as dismissed, but guests can not dismiss notices in xenforo.

4. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Turn on gravatar? I'm sure a few people will have them.
    Other than that it looks nice Borbole

borbole likes this.
  5. farmglitch

farmglitch Active Member

I could not respond to your message on there? Maybe it's just me..idk. Nice site looks good. I like that your keeping with the xenforo style.

borbole likes this.
  6. borbole

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback :)

Regarding the conversation, did you mean the welcoming message? That is because it was set to be automatically locked. You can always start a new conversation with me either there or here as well if you need to contact me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.