CAPTCHA Q&A

Alfuzzy

With Xenforo we have a number of different CAPCHA options to choose from. From what I've read...many folks find Q&A CAPTCHA to be the most effective ...when it comes to bots having a more difficult time figuring out your CAPTCHA and being able to register & post spam (I'm sure some folks will disagree);). Of course can't stop real-humans that want to spam us.

I use a bunch of different CAPTCHA questions that were pretty effective for a while...but now suddenly a bunch of these spammers seem to be getting thru (not sure if they are bots or real humans).

Anyways...I'm thinking if the bots are getting thru...maybe I need to switch up the CAPTCHA questions every now & then. Was wondering if folks would be willing to share some of their effective CAPTCHA Q&A.

If this is a super sensitive thing not to be shared in public...PM's welcome.

Was wondering if folks would be willing to share some of their effective CAPTCHA Q&A.
Use something relevant to your forum subject.

Have a single question and when it get compromised by the next xrumer update, change it.

Thanks much Brogan. Will give that strategy a try (just one CAPTCHA question at a time...and forum subject related).

Also thanks for mentioning XRumer...interesting stuff!

Top Bottom