Captcha is not enough

Yeah a must. The spam killer system is great for clean up, but does nothing in terms of preventing spammers from joining. I run a board that manually approves members, and the question feature is how I can detect a potential spammer.

... I run a board that manually approves members, and the question feature is how I can detect a potential spammer.
I do as well. The thing is, with xf, you can view the news feeds and actually see what else the newer people are doing. Even the ones that have been approved.

That does not really have anything directly related to this topic, but I have spent all day cleaning up spam that I otherwise would not have to do if we were now using xf.

We use Question/answer system for our vb 3.8 site and did not have much spambot. But as much as you want, you still have to deal with human spammers who sign up, post some seemingly relevant posts and try to sneak a link here and there.

there are nothing that can stop this.

I am glad that I haven't had a spam msg in two months, and not using any anti spam at the moment.
I am sure once we're found we will start the fight again, but we come prepared.

Top Bottom