captcha headache

mra0

It took me several attempts before I could register due to captcha.

Does xenforo allow ability to disable and use alternate method for security check?

Easy to use? Yes
Effective? No
Serious bots are laughing at it.

Visitors don't have the patience to sit there typing in their info again if the reCAPTCHA does not accept, especially after several attempts. As a test, I did different browser refresh just to see how each one will turn out. 3 out of 6 tries are good.

Easy, yes - when you get one that you can read. Take a look at the screenshots I've attached.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 15
Visitors don't have the patience to sit there typing in their info again if the reCAPTCHA does not accept, especially after several attempts. As a test, I did different browser refresh just to see how each one will turn out. 3 out of 6 tries are good.

Easy, yes - when you get one that you can read. Take a look at the screenshots I've attached.
consume r760.
tint manganre.
offenses clausize.

Dunno about you, but to me - those were easy to read.

Protip: With reCAPTCHA, in most cases you only need to get one of the words right. The system serves up two words: one it knows, and one it doesn't. The first one is to verify that you are human - that you entered the word correctly. If you get this correct, then the system uses your answer for the second word to help "learn" that word (over time it uses the responses of many users to that one image to make a good guess about what the word really says). So really you only need to enter the "key" word correctly. The CAPTCHA will pass no matter what you enter for the second word (of course the order is randomized, so you never know which one is the "key" word, although it is most likely the one that is easiest to read). :)

Top Bottom