XF 1.3 Can't Unban User, Looks Still Banned

Recep Baltaş

We have a usergroup for banned users. When banned, they can view the forum but they can not participate.

After migrating from vBulletin, some users who were supposed to be moved into Registered Users from the Infraction user grup did not become Registered users and stayed as banned. I mean if the user had 1 week ban, and in this time we have switched to Xenforo, user stay banned in Xenforo after one week. I have manually put users into registered groups.

But today, I have lifted one of the users ban but user still got a line on his name, looking as banned.

We have a usergroup for banned users. When banned, they can view the forum but they can not participate.

After migrating from vBulletin, some users who were supposed to be moved into Registered Users from the Infraction user grup did not become Registered users and stayed as banned. I mean if the user had 1 week ban, and in this time we have switched to Xenforo, user stay banned in Xenforo after one week. I have manually put users into registered groups.

But today, I have lifted one of the users ban but user still got a line on his name, looking as banned.

Banned users work differently in XenForo, the banned user is a flag that is checked when accessing the site - usergroups have nothing to do with it (except for styling).

Go to <yourforumurl>/admin.php?banning/users and remove any bans from that page :)

Liam

OK, I saw the user in there. Lifting the ban did solve the problem.

But I have created usergroup. When a user gets banned for a day, it is moved to banned usergroup. You are saying that I don't need this right ?

OK, I saw the user in there. Lifting the ban did solve the problem.

But I have created usergroup. When a user gets banned for a day, it is moved to banned usergroup. You are saying that I don't need this right ?

To ban users you need to ban them, IE click the ban button on the page I linked to. That'll ban them.

If you want to do it via usergroup, you would have to revoke all permissions, but that wouldn't tell them they'd been banned - just that they don't have permission.

So, yes, no usergroup needed.

Top Bottom