XF 1.4 Cant see what you type on mobile after couple sentences

surfsup

When your typing on the iphone/ipad and let's say after a paragraph you can't view what your typing anymore, the cursor goes down but you dont see it as it goes behind the keyboard, I attached some images.

Attachments

• example1.webp
    example1.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 5
  • example2.webp
    example2.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 4
Swipe/scroll the screen?
Yeah that works but I thought if you keep on typing that it will automatically move the screen up? I've never ran into this before but members were complaining about it....I know for myself a lot of places I type in example emails etc. it will auto move the screen up if I hit enter and start typing a new line.

Unfortunately, that's an issue that's down to the OS itself. (It presumably hasn't added a cursor tracking behavior for rich text areas.)

Unfortunately, that's an issue that's down to the OS itself. (It presumably hasn't added a cursor tracking behavior for rich text areas.)
The phone's OS? iOS? Surprised they wouldnt have it....so basically we would have to wait until ios does allow this?

Thanks for the update

Yes, iOS. When you type in a text area, the OS/browser would be the one that controls the behavior when the cursor moves off the screen while typing. We don't do anything in <textarea> tags, but presumably it handles things correctly there.

Top Bottom