Can't point to custom domain..

jayhawku

Sorry, beginner here. Tried to search but to no avail. Used Porkbun for registry. What did I screw up? Can't get the @ one to work. Not sure the www one is right either. I'm lost. Thanks in advance. Happy new year. Cloud subscription btw.

Last edited:
First thing.... I'd edit out your site IP in your image.
But other than that, your root & WWW look fine. It can take a while (depending on the DNS system) for those addresses to filter throughout the DNS system.

You might have some underlying issues going on.... as a DNS validation check for your domain is giving different IP addresses (Amazon AWS releated).

Screen Shot 2023-12-31 at 7.38.39 PM.webp

First thing.... I'd edit out your site IP in your image.
But other than that, your root & WWW look fine. It can take a while (depending on the DNS system) for those addresses to filter throughout the DNS system.

You might have some underlying issues going on.... as a DNS validation check for your domain is giving different IP addresses (Amazon AWS releated).

View attachment 296039
Thanks for the reply. I don't fully understand what you're saying but I will look into it haha. I bit off more than I could chew thinking pointing the forum to my custom domain would be easier as XenForo kind of proudly proclaims that on their front page. Guess I'm just dumber than they think the average user is.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. I don't fully understand what you're saying but I will look into it haha. I bit off more than I could chew thinking pointing the forum to my custom domain would be easier as XenForo kind of proudly proclaims that on their front page. Guess I'm just dumber than they think the average user is.
As long as you have valid IP addresses assigned for the domain and your DNS host is decent, it should not be that difficult of an item.
You may want to contact PorkBun (if that's where you manage your DNS) and tell them that your domain entries were earlier pointing at Amazon AW IP's. Your domain is still showing as "parked" with PorkBun... so you may have some additional DNS entries in your management console that need to be removed.

Screen Shot 2023-12-31 at 9.04.44 PM.webp

Thanks again.

It's a fairly simple process.

You will need to purchase the custom domain if you haven't already done so.

Once you have, log in to your Cloud account, click the wrench icon and select Connect custom domain.

You will then be given the details of two DNS records you need to enter in your registrar/hosting account for the domain.

Ensure you set the TTL to the lowest possible value first, to ensure it updates as quickly as possible.

Top Bottom