XF 1.4 Can't log into Admin Panel

All of a sudden today, the forum started acting strange. Users started sending me messages that posts weren't showing up and the "New Posts" button was not working although you could refresh the page and then the posts would show up.

I tried to log into the Admin Panel to see if I could do anything, but when I enter my admin name and password, it accepts it, and then goes right back to the log in screen. No error message, nothing, just a constant log in screen.

I read some threads speaking about this when people moved servers, but I did nothing today and everything just started freaking out.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

I'm having same issue starting all of a sudden today. Refreshing the page after you try to log in seems to work.

What host are you on?

Several customers are reporting similar problems this evening. All appear to be nginx servers with Hostgator. Please contact Hostgator about this. These are the response headers that I have observed:

Code:
Cache-control:max-age=86400
Connection:keep-alive
Content-Encoding:gzip
Content-Length:3770
Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date:Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Expires:Fri, 14 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Last-Modified:Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Server:nginx/1.6.2
Vary:Accept-Encoding
X-Frame-Options:SAMEORIGIN

This is generated by a PHP resource which should not be cached.

One customer has suggested it is resolved by adding this to the .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
Header set Expires 0
</IfModule>

Other than that though, this is something Hostgator would have to resolve.

One customer has suggested it is resolved by adding this to the .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
Header set Expires 0
</IfModule>

Other than that though, this is something Hostgator would have to resolve.

Yes this definitely works. As usual you are awesome Brogan.

I contacted with hostgator support and they told me this " This was due to a server misconfiguration of caching headers in Nginx, at this we have reverted this configuration and your website should be working as expected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. " You should contact with hostgator support.

That's interesting, because they told other customers there was nothing they could do about it.
they are beyond useless over there, they kept wanting to log into the site and see the issue even though I had given them the headers. they dont even support xenforo so I dunno what they were thinking.

this was second line support too :facepalm:

Hostgator contacted me to let me know it's fixed.

Thank you for contacting us.

This was due to a server misconfiguration of caching headers in Nginx, at this we have reverted this configuration and your website should be working as expected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Do I know have to undo that changes I did to .htaccess?

Top Bottom