XF 1.2 Cant log in with admin after vb to xenforo migration

Moddis

For some reason I cant login with admin account (haven't tried others) after completing the migration from vb3. What can i try troubleshooting in this situation?

BTW, I am running PHP5.4

Thanks!

I haven't tried that because I wanted to be sure it was nto the same issue for the rest of the users.

I think there may be a bigger problme now.. All forum pages are just blank white. Will need to see if I missed something...

Ok, here are some very wrong things I noticed (First, this is a second test upgrade - test2.forumsite.com ):

1. I was able to log in with the admin BUT I had to use the username of the admin user in VB forum (not one created when initially setting up) AND I had to use the password of the admin user I setup in xenForo initial admin configuration (not password associated with VB admin user)
  2. When I went to change the default layout of the first beta site (test1.forumsite.com) to anything not default, the new beta site(test2.forumsite.com) is showing a blank page as though it trying to display that new layout.
  3. When I go to forum Basic Board Information in the new beta site, the board url and home page url are both correct (http://www.beta2.forumsite.com), however, the Terms and Rules URL and Contact URL are both set to old beta site domain (Default URL (http://www.beta1.forumsite.com/help/terms) AND Default URL (http://www.beta1.forumsite.com/misc/contact))
  4. The Forum Statistics sometimes is displaying from the test1 site and sometimes from test2. Note that forum information and posts content is still correct relative to each site.
Basically it looks too me like its randomly sharing some parts of the DB although its not (I confirmed that its 2 different DB's in config file). Also the .htaccess file does not mention old site anywhere where rewrite rules are active.

Could it have somethign to do with the Cache (I have memcached enabled in config.php):
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Memcached';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
    'compression' => false,
    'servers' => array(
        array(
            // your memcached server IP /address
            'host' => 'localhost',

// memcached port
            'port' => 11211,
        )
    )
);

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

This is what happened after I finished the installation and migration of VB data. After Final step that rebuild the forum information, it suggested that I rebuilt post cache which I did not do. I figured since the user I logged in with into admin area no longer exists, I should log in with the correct admin account. So I logged out and then could not log in with the VB admin account.

Then I thought I would try to log in to old beta site. Once I logged in to admin area, it said that I am in process of upgrading to 1.2.4 and I should continue with the upgrade. This is strange because i upgraded a few days ago but though I did not finish something. I could not have though that beta site 1 and beta site 2 would somehow conflict.

Anyway, all this is very stage and I'm sure the only way is to start again. However, if you see some obvious step I should do differently next time, please let me know.

Are you using different cache prefixes in both files?

Do you think the cache can have something to do with this? I just replicated a more specific example:

When I change the "Home Page URL" on site1 or site2:
  • Default "Terms and Rules URL" and "Contact URL" changes to match it both on site1 and site2.
I cant understand what is linking the two sites if its not the database.

You need a different cache prefix for each installation.

Thanks, this is very good to know there is a solid answer and things aren't magically being weird on me.

How would I go about using a different cache db prefix for a different XenForo installation (I though it was hard coded) ?

Just edit the config.php file.

Sorry, I meant to say db table prefix and not cache prefix. I did not see anywhere to modify the database prefix for XenForo installations. I assume I cant just change 'the cache_id_prefix' from 'xf_' to something else if it does not match my database table prefix.

Edit: Lol, or do they have nothing to do with each other?

Top Bottom