XF 1.5 Can't join users

RobaFresca

When i was set up my forum i created 2 admins which i want to join now but there is no option to join them as i can do with other users.
I even tried to take the admin i want to join into the other account out of the admin group, out of the group with administrative rights and deleted the usernumber in the config.php but still cannot join that user.

Any idea how to do so ?

You can't merge administrators (or moderators).

You will have to demote them from administrator status, merge them, then promote to administrator again.

That's what i did with the admin i want to merge. Completely as written above. At least the option to merge should be visible then even if i can't merge wih the actual used admin, right !?

Your initial message specifically referenced groups; changes there won't matter. It's the administrator "system" that applies.

Similarly, the user can't be a moderator to be a merge source either. (Again, not group related; has to be changed in the moderator system.)

might it be that the option of delayed writing into the db could cause this and i have just to wait some time ?
But anyway if there is no quick solution i will just take over all the content (not too much) of that admin and delete him. This will do it also.

Last edited:
Demoting a member from administrator or moderator is instantaneous.

An add-on could be preventing or interfering with that, hence why you would need to disable all add-ons and then toggle the member administrator status on and off again to attempt to update the database.

Another thing...i just renamed and moved my forum to another domain (deleted the old installation of course) might it have to do with that ?
All settings in the ACP are changed, it's the same server with the same config and the forum runs like smooth...

btw. can i just change the license to the new domain ?

Top Bottom