1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Can't install anything?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MirandaSings, Jul 15, 2015.

1. MirandaSings

MirandaSings Active Member

I posted before but I haven't really gotten an answer besides closed threads etc. I can't install addons at all, always an invalid class error. Why is this? I installed xenforo twice, did a file check so I'm not missing any files or anything. It does this for every addon I try to install.

Something like this:
    Callback Andy_NewPosts_Listener::Forum is invalid (Invalid Class).

I really need assistance because I did not pay for this kind of nonsense. It's always invalid class error.

Thanks

2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

You would want to ask in Andy's thread, the support section is for flagship product support only. 3rd party add-on support is via the developers thread for the product.

3. MirandaSings

Can you link that thread? And it's for every addon I try to install though...:/ Also it doesn't seem like anyone else is having issues but me?

4. The Forum Heroes

Are you sure your uploading the files to the correct location?

5. MirandaSings

I tried to install it in the directory, and also tried it without it being installed. Went to admin cp and clicked install addon, and just uploaded the xml file with that error.

6. The Forum Heroes

Yes, you also need to upload the files.. start in your /www folder.. drag the entire library folder there, js etc.. you should see them on the server side of your ftp server too.

7. MirandaSings

I'll try that and keep you updated

8. MirandaSings

But I don't have my site DNS redirected to my dedicated host

9. The Forum Heroes

to where ever your hosting it at. I answered your PM too, sorry I don't use Skype, but I gave you a screenshot on what to do.

10. MirandaSings

I already uploaded the files..nothing is working..

11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I suppose you could try submitting a ticket. If it's happening with all add-ons, there may be an issue with your actual installation.

12. MirandaSings

I did a file health check with no errors found and reinstalled xenforo twice already :/

13. teletubbi

teletubbi Active Member

You are sure that you overwrite any file when you upload them?
    The message from Andys addon looks like not all files from this addon are in place before you install the xlm file.

14. MirandaSings

oh I didn't overwrite it because it asked to overwrite the library folder and I was afraid of losing my files

15. teletubbi

teletubbi Active Member

Here you go.