1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find the template

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Banana Pup, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Banana Pup

Banana Pup Well-Known Member

I have gone though and used search, but I can't find which template the "(You must log in or sign up to reply here.) " is in.
  2. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

Finally one I can answer. You are looking for thread_view (most of the way down in the code). Do the CtrlF keycombo for a text search of log_in_or_sign_up_to_reply.

Keep in mind that a lot of the text is contained in phrases. First search phrases for some of the text in the phrase to find the phrase . Copy the phrase and then search templates for that phrase.

1) search phrases for "you must log in"
    2) results in log_in_or_sign-up_to_post and log_in_or_sign_up-to_reply
    3) search templates for log_in_or_sign_up-to_reply
    4) this takes you to thread_view
    5) CtrlF for log_in_or_sign_up_to_reply highlights the text

If you want to change the text, you have to change it in the phrase, or better still make a custom phrase and put that phrase name into the template so that your custom phrase gets called.

Thanks must go to Yorick since he explained it to me. Try it a few times and you'll get the hang of it. I always wondered why search templates seemed hit and miss, but you need to search templates for the exact thing to have success.
    Jake Bunce, Shelley and Yorick like this.
  3. Banana Pup

Banana Pup Well-Known Member