1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find free hosting for xF

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by dekema2, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dekema2

dekema2 Member

Hello,

I'm looking around for a free web host, and I'm not quite sure if I can talk about hosting XenForo on a free web host as it seems illegal, so does anybody know of any free XenForo friendly webhosts?

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If you could afford the $140 for the license I'm sure you can afford the around $5-7 a month for shared hosting. Most "free" shared hosting won't adequately support it.

feldon30, Liam W and Martok like this.
  3. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

You cannot have Xenforo for Free, there are free web hosts, and nothing illegal about those, regardless where you host, free or paid web host, you must purchase a Xenforo license first if you wish to use Xenforo.

Amaury likes this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as a free hosting provider, unless you're hosting your own site.

5. dekema2

dekema2 Member

What I meant is that the common theme between them is that many only allow the free forum scripts instead of paid ones.

6. dekema2

dekema2 Member

I guess a few dollars a month isn't a big deal. Thanks for the clarification.

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Yes there is. I still run one, but we do it for gaming sites only. http://simgames.net

Shyuan and dekema2 like this.
  8. martyanov12

martyanov12 Member

9. dekema2

dekema2 Member

Interesting...

10. topcat

topcat Well-Known Member