• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Can't even install addons :( please share.....

I read all I could, then I tried uploading the contents of 'upload' in to my root..
1st problem, the rooot already has a folder named library.. ( so what to do ) overwrite it or upload the folder contents separately..
2nd problem, even uploaded files ( in different folders are not read and error is returned !! the file cannot be read !!

Can somebody help me in giving me exact instructions..?

Thanks in advance.

Wel this is what I did!!
I uploaded the .xml file to the root
I uploaded the associated folders in their respective corresponding folders, like js to js and library to library ( tage me folder to tag me folder ) and so on !!
I installed the addon and It didn't give me any errors..
so does that mean that the installation was successful ?

Can't check them as I am running a private server where my staff will be online 2moro !!!

R

ragtek

Wel this is what I did!!
I uploaded the .xml file to the root
you don't need to upload the xml file to root dir;)
you can just upload it within the xenforo install add-on form

so does that mean that the installation was successful ?
if there was no error and you also don't get any error when trying to use the add-on it was successful :)

So my image shot looks like this for now.. I received no errors in the process of installing.
Thanks for the advise.. I will now do not upload the .xml file but just the folders, therein embedding their contents in the corresponding folders in the xen root directories. :)