XF 1.5 Can't edit users. They change into other users!

Yipes. I think I have a virus. People can register, but when I go in to the admin panel to assign their sub-forum permissions, their name, username and password revert to another person's credentials; the same person for everyone who registers.

So far I've only annihilated 2 members before I finally figured out what was happening.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

I'm not really sure where to start with this exactly. Do you think you can show a video demonstrating what you're doing and then what happens?

At best, I can only guess that your browser is autofilling content and overwriting things. Looking at your license, you must be using a very old version, so my recommendation would be to upgrade to the most recent version of 1.5, as I believe there are relevant changes there. (That would require a license extension to be purchased.)

Your theory was correct. It was my browser doing auto-fill. I opened the admin panel in an incognito browser and the problem did not happen. I know I should upgrade, but I no longer have a developer on-call, so things like this aren't happening in as timely a manner as they should.
Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom