1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't download mods

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Saburov, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saburov

Saburov Active Member

Nice script. But i could't download mods from this site.

2. Ashley

Ashley Business Guy Staff Member

I'm sure that you have linked your username with your license in the customer area, so that you can access downloads that are available to license holders.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. Saburov

Saburov Active Member

Thank you for explanation. I have not a licence yet. I'm trying on localhost.

5. Brogan

How are you trying it on localhost if you don't have a license?

6. Saburov

Saburov Active Member

I found a beta version on internet. I don't have a domain yet. I was thinking to install a WordPress site abot science, philosopy and politics. Then i met xenforo but i couldn't decide yet. I want to publish articles on homepage under some categories, and comments of course. So which one would you recommend? A wordpress integration or a portal mod? If it fulfill my needs i want to buy a licence.

7. Brogan

You do realise what you're doing is illegal?

8. Saburov

Saburov Active Member

Relax man. I'm just trying. I respect for labor. If i decide to use it, buying a licence is not a big deal for me. It's affordable.

9. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Still, what you are doing is illegal. And they have a demo here to try out.

SneakyDave and Ashley like this.
  10. Ashley

If you need to have a play there is a demo version here - http://xenforo.com/help/
    Using an illegal version is full of potential hazards. And of course access to the mods is for those with legitimate licenses.

SneakyDave likes this.
  11. Saburov

Saburov Active Member

Thanks for legal advisory service. Now may you help me to decide wp integration or portal? Which one should I choose?
    Demo version doesn't contain portal or wp int.

12. Ashley

Now, I am thinking this through and I am trying to work out what anyone is thinking when they come to a community, saying my version is illegal but I want help anyway and throw an insulting "Thanks for the legal advisory service".
    Nope, I can't figure it out ;)

Dean, Jamie, Walter and 11 others like this.
  13. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

There are links to sites using the portal released by Jaxel. Jaxel is using the portal he coded and can be viewed on his site Located here. As for the worpress integration you might want to search in this thread and check to see if any sites are using wordpress as a frontpage. From there, with the links provided and through some searching you'll have some idea.

14. Saburov

Saburov Active Member

I guess honesty doesn't welcome in here.

Thanks for advices Shelley.

15. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Go into your local pub and ask for a pint but remmber to say "Am only testing it... I'll buy it after Ive tryed it. Sheesh but I am honest!" See how it goes post back with the results. Am looking foward to the result :X3:

16. zxleo

zxleo Member

if you use a illegal version in the red your forum could be closed ..

try with the DEMO in the xenforo.com web page ..

If you dont have licence, you cannot download "modifications" or other ...

17. Saburov

Saburov Active Member

Is it same a physicall goods and a digital software? If we have a technology to copy and multiplicate a beer, i am sure it doesn't matter for bartender if i ask him to try. I will pay licence cost for labour of coders not the php files.

18. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

There is no difference between tangible and intangible goods.

19. matthewalan

matthewalan Active Member

I don't believe that most people will to offering support to anyone that has downloaded an illegal version and it testing that. I mean you can always say you'll buy it, but that doesn't mean you will. Anyone here would really be willing to offer you any support or help if you paid for the software. Just because you're just testing the software doesn't make it legal.

20. Saburov

Saburov Active Member

So, what are your arguments for your idea?
    Even if you have a car in front of your home. Somebody came and stole the car. Now you have nothing. On the other hand somebody came and copy and multiplicate your car. Now you both have a car. Is this same?
    But if you have designed and produce the car it's fair and ethical that copier remunerate your labor, hours of working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.