XF 1.3 Can't Delete Reports?

CaptainMorgan

Hey folks - I did a search here and oddly enough it was not very helpful; used "can't delete reports". Is it possible to delete reports from the Admin interface? Or do I need to do so via the database?

Can you briefly elaborate why this feature is not core? (I did not see any add-ons either relating to this)

Thanks!

Reports are meant to provide a historical record, hence why there is no option to delete them.

Certainly fair enough... but I'm currently in dev phase, so there's ample testing being performed and I would simply like to remove "test reports" and things of that nature before going live, ya?

Thanks for the swiftness in reply.

There are two tables related to reports:
  • xf_report
  • xf_report_comment

Are you going to go live with a database you have been using for testing?
Why not start the site with a clean install?

Reports are meant to provide a historical record, hence why there is no option to delete them.
Our moderators like to report posts just to make fun of the member who made the post. Then later on that member may be considered as a moderator. Obviously it would be awkward if the new moderator digs into the old closed reports & sees where we've made fun of him in the past. That's why we'd like to be able to periodically delete the closed reports when a new moderator is added, without having to run potentially dangerous queries on the server to get rid of them.

Aye - the queries are not dangerous per say as it's just a matter of going to the specific tables Brogan notes and removing the rows in question.

But you have a bigger problem (maybe a moral problem) at hand here if you have people considered to be in authority at your website that are going behind people's backs and making fun of other members. That is one thing I do not tolerate for a second at our site. At our site, if you can't say something to someone in person, then don't be saying it behind their backs either. Evidently, if you feel ashamed that you must remove certain reports then it's obvious these "moderators" don't have the 1) cojones to run a site properly and 2) wouldn't dare say something to these people in person. Like I said, you have a bigger problem than mere reports.

I've gone slightly off topic, but you can find more support for this kind of problem at AdminExtra and other similar sites.

There are two tables related to reports:
  • xf_report
  • xf_report_comment

For a complete reset: When I just delete the table ROWS in phpMyAdmin of both the report and report_comments then reports are completely reset? I am going to reset the entire board by deleting everything, but reports can only be deleted in the database. Just want to go sure I am not destroying anything by deleting the rows.

Top Bottom