1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Can't create/write to file (Errcode 13)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DBA, Mar 21, 2012.

1. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

I get the following error whenever I view a personal conversation.

Code:
    Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_7cf_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Conversation.php at line 113
    XenForo_Model_Conversation->getConversationRecipients() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 204
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/***********.com/httpdocs/content/index.php at line 13

Disabled all the caching and added the below to the config file but still get the error.
    Code:
    $config['enableListeners'] = false;

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It can't write to /tmp. Possibilities include:

1) Partition is full.

2) Directory doesn't exist.

3) Permission problem with that directory.

So basically check the /tmp directory on your server and make sure everything is kosher. Or contact your host.

DBA likes this.
  3. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

After I noticed that it wasn't just XF that was acting up I did some digging and figured out that somehow the /tmp permission had changed to:
    drwsr-xr-x

What would cause this to change?

I've noticed some hinky things going on over the weekend, better call my server guy and see if the server got hacked. :mad:

BTW thanks for the quick response!

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It should be owned by root, so maybe the root login was compromised.